Maya bay in Thailand is one of the most famous beaches in the world. It even starts earning the fame since Leonardo de Capria started the film, The Beach. Unfortunately, you can see yourself what it has to offer since the temporary closure. The government of Thailand has informed that beach will be closed from June to September as part of rejuvenation program ordered by Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP).
Maya Bay History
Maya bay location is on Phi Phi Island. It gains popularity since The Beach movie. There are 100 meter high cliffs on its three sides, making this beach Thailand look very stunning. Some small beaches with the low tide can be found there too.
If you want to visit Maya Bay, the best time is between November and April. The Maya bay weather is usually fine and the seas are calm during this high season. The access to Maya bay Thailand is also easy. As it is considered as one of National Parks, the DNP set some admission fees, starting effectively from June 22th, 2015:
• The National Park fee is not allowed to be included in the tour price.
• The fee charges may change without any notification.
• Thai people can pay at a discounted rate
• Adult visitors pay 400 Baht, and children pay 200 Baht
• To enjoy Maya bay diving, anyone is charged the extra fee for 200 Baht.
Best way to see Maya Bay
Maya bay Thailand is always crowded with tourists during the high season. If you are a peace seeker, there are always ways to experience beach away from the crowds, like:
• Hiring a taxi boat and enjoying a private tour with up to 6 people to share the costs. The boats are hirable for 3 to 6 hours, depending on how many places you want to visit.
• Start the trip at sunrise or as early as possible you can.
• Let the boat driver know that you want to go to Maya bay first before other places.
• Take pictures at around 7:30 am when the sun starts shining on the beach.
• Do the documentary work as quickly as possible so you can enjoy the rest of time to relax.
Going to Maya bay Thailand during the off-season is also possible. However, because of the temporary closure during the rejuvenation program, you need alternative way enjoying this popular tourist spot. You can still enjoy the view from the cliffs.
How to get to Maya Bay
Are you planning to visit Bay in Thailand? You can go whether it is off or peak season. to reach this bay, Phuket International Airport is your entrance. Visit Airpaz website to get the cheap flight tickets. From the airport, you can go to Phi Phi Island and take the trip by water to the bay.