Have you gone to the traditional market? Or the modern market with comfortable facilities? Now, you can shop happily in the Cai Rang Floating Market. The floating market means the market takes place in the boats or vessels while floating in the water. In this market, you can find any items of food what do you like, especially the fishery items. So, let’s get to know more about the Cai Rang Floating Market.
An Explorable Floating Market
The Cai Rang Floating Market is located six kilometres away from the centre of Can Tho city (the capital of the Mekong Delta), and about 30 minutes away from Ninh Kieu Wharf by boat. In this location, there are more floating markets such as Phong Dien floating market, Cai Be floating market, My Tho floating market. Or specifically, the address is in the 46 Hai Bà Trưng, Lê Bình, Cái Răng, Cần Thơ, Vietnam.
Another activity is, you can also shop by taking a boat and explore the famous river in the southeast Asia Mekong River.
The various items
In this market, you will find any items of food what do you need and what do you need. There are many goods such as vegetables, fruits, and also some restaurants selling delicious cuisines. You can also take your breakfast here. Some fruits are coming from the near local place harvested by the farmers, that means you can buy fresh fruits such as durian, milk fruit, rambutan, mangosteen, grapefruit. And also a lot of the fishery items.
How to get there?
Here is some useful information if you want to visit the market. So let’s check it out:
- You can travel to the market by going to the Can Tho city first. The Can Tho city is the capital of the Mekong Delta, so it’s not difficult to find the floating market.
- Take the domestic flight which the duration if less than two hours from Hanoi, or Da Nang, or Ho Chi Minh City. You will arrive at Can Tho International Airport.
- If you depart from the Ho Chi Minh City, you can book a sleeper bus ticket towards the Can Tho city in the five hours. The bus ticket price is around 10 USD.
- If you have arrived in the Can Tho city, you will be able to catch the taxi or motorbike taxi to get to the Ninh Kieu Wharf the place for buying boat tickets.
The Boat Ticket Price
The boat ticket for a person for two-hour duration trip normally is around 2 USD – 4 USD or according to Vietnam, Dollar is 40,000 VND to 80,000 VND. Or if you are going in a group you will get cheaper price about 30 USD – 60 USD or 600,000 VND to 1,200,000 VND and also you will get the special thing that you can add more destinations on your trip.
Some Tips and Tricks
- Visit the Cai Rang Floating Market before the 7 AM, if you want to see the beautiful sunrise, inhale the fresh air. Another reason is you will not shop at a busy time and crowded.
- Bring your hat and sunblock, because Vietnam is a tropical country so the sun will be hot and you will get your skin burn fast.
- Choose a local pineapple boat. The pineapple boat has a roof at the top. So you can capture a photo there and you will get a wonderful panoramic picture of the whole market.
Wait a minute, there are other destinations that you can travel near the floating market. Some of them are Can Tho Museum, Ong Temple, Quang Duc Pagoda, Truc Lam Phuong Nam Zen Monastery and many more.
Hang on, there are the deals and promotion tickets of the aeroplanes, you can find it in the Airpaz. Just visit Airpaz for further pieces of information. There are a lot of airlines. Some of them are Air Asia, Air China, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, and many more.