There are times when you have to deal with a flight delay, layover or overnight sleepover when taking a trip by plane. Fortunately, airports today have been so much well developed, so passengers can always find time for fun and relax. You can expect so when arriving at Da Nang Airport in Vietnam. Let us see what things to do when you are there.
Da Nang Airport History and Today
Da Nang Airport witnessed an exciting past since the 1930’s when it was first built by the French government for civilian use and also named Tourane Airport. But during World War II, the airport was used by multiple purposes and being occupied by several countries as a military base, like Japan and the US.
What has the past is past. Da Nang Airport today has turned into the third busiest airport in Vietnam. Located strategically about 2 km from the city center, it has been an important transportation hub in the central region. The newest terminal was built in 2011, offering more modern facilities and a wide range of airport services. You can mention some like shopping and dining venues. Get the pictures of things to do during the layover now?
What to Expect
Da Nang Airport has two newly built terminals for domestic and international. Both of them have complete amenities including eateries, cafes, duty-free and souvenir shops.WiFi internet connection can also help you make some time within the short layover. But if you have to wait longer, you can enter the passenger lounge.
What to Do
- Sleeping at the airport is possibly the only thing you want to do after seeing when your next depart time is. The long flight has made your bones ache and the next waiting can be so much frustrating. So, why do not you have some sleep? You can take advantage of the free benches outside of the terminals until the security reopens around 4:00 am.
- Booking a room at one of the nearby hotels is a wiser idea if you wish for uninterrupted sleep. The airport provides the shuttle service there. Here are some recommendations for a hotel to choose:
- Eden Plaza Danang Hotel – 5 minutes from the airport with transfers available by request from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- One Opera Danang Hotel – 7 minutes from the airport
- Duy Anh Hotel – 8 minutes from the airport with airport transfers on request.
- Using the airport lounges
Airport lounges are open for all passengers, regardless of the class. However, you need to use a pass by registering a membership program, available for one day only, annual uses or paid at the door.
- If you are an economy class traveler, you can enter CIP Orchid Lounge which is located at International Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level.
- If you are from First or Business Class, you have more choices, i.e.:
- Vietnam Airlines Lounge – Domestic Terminal, Airside, Level 3, near Gate 5.
- Vietnam Airlines Lounge – International Terminal, Airside, Ground level, Gate 4.
- Vietnam Airlines Business Class Lounge – International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor.
Enjoying the meal at restaurants and cafes
You won’t get starving when waiting for the next flight at Da Nang Airport. Just like other airports in Vietnam, this one also has a complete list of eateries like food courts, restaurants, and fast-food chains in both terminals. In case you look for cheaper offers, you need to go to Is Nguyen Trl Phuong local street food, about 1 kilometer from the airport, to hut for many good Vietnamese dishes at a low price.
Wandering around the duty-free shops can also help you make some extra time. You can buy the stuff you probably need along the trip. Do not forget to visit the souvenirs shops too. Find various Vietnamese cool products you can buy as gifts for family, relatives, friends or even colleagues.
Read Also: Tourist attractions near Da Nang Airport
Everyone dreams of an affordable flight that leaves an inspiring traveling experience. Before you discover the big adventure at Da Nang Airport, start your travel dreams by booking cheap flights at Airpaz.com.