As the gateway to Japan, Narita International Airport provides many services to make travellers enjoy their stay and have an unforgettable moment to remember. You can take the advantages of various facilities when you arrive, depart or have to stay on a layover.
Here are some essential facilities available at Narita Airport:
1. For business
Special for business, the airport management provides some services including copy, fax and printing. You can find them at the Business and Travel Support Center (TEI Lounge), located at Terminal1, Central Building, 5th floor. You will also get the same service at the 4th floor of Terminal 2 Main Building.
2. For communications
Wants to send a postcard home as proof that you have already arrived in Japan? Why do not go to the post office located at Terminal 1, Central Building, 4th floor? There is also another at the 3rd floor of Terminal 2 Main Building. Or, you can ask the information desk staff to help you drop the postcards at the nearest mailbox.
The more reliable communication tool for faster connection is WiFi or internet. Fortunately, you can use it for free by connecting your device to the FreeWiFi-NARITA network. Besides that, there are also coin-operated internet kiosks with 100 yen of charge per 10 minutes.
3. For family
- Baby care facilities are available in the nurseries, located at Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, including diaper-changing tables, cots, hot water dispensers and nursing booths.
- Play areas for Children known as Colorful Kids Parks are available at all terminals.
- Strollers are also provided at no cost that you can rent from any information desk.
- Foods and Drinks – the food stalls can easily be found throughout the airport with varying schedules. Special for Yoshinoya, it is open 24 hours and located on the second floor of Terminal 2 Main Building. If you are a Muslim, you will also find halal options in Terminal 1 and terminal 2.
- Information – You can find information desk counters by looking for the “?” symbol. There are four counters open in Terminal 1, four more in Terminal 2 and one counter in Terminal 3. You can also get the needed information by checking out Tourism information centre in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
- If you need assistance in planning your next visit, whether it is a local journey or abroad trip in the last minute, you can go to Travel Center offices in the first floor of Terminal 1 Central Building.
- Just found your luggage, suitcase or shoes broke? Get some fixed at one of luggage repair facilities available in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Take the advantage of Luggage Storage service, whether in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. You can use this service to keep your belongings safe when considering sleeping in the airport instead of booking a hotel room.
- You can also rent some items of clothing like coats and jackets for a certain period from the cloakroom storage.
- As the alternative to Luggage Storage, there are Lockers. This self-storage service is operated with the coin which allows you to save your stuff up to 8 days.
- There are two airport clinics located in Terminal and Terminal 2, offering comprehensive and emergency medical services. The emergency can be accessed in 24 hours, giving you peace of mind when you need immediate healthcare. You can also make use of the pharmacy counter to get the needed medicines.
- ATMs and Cash Machines are placed close to the bank counters. They open 24 hours, but some may be closed during New Year, Golden Week and Christmas. Full banking service is also provided by the Bank of Tokyo and Chiba Bank. You can do currency exchange there, or go to the special counter of automatic currency exchange which is available in 24 hours a day.
Read also: Things to Do in Narita Airport
There are still more essential facilities available in Narita Airport. Take for example certain areas for shopping, spa and hotels. You can make use of them during the transit time because the long waiting can be so much boring. In case you will need to book another flight, you can directly visit Airpaz.